East Troy Connect Communities announces the calling for the GIANT POSTCARD mural trail submissions.
This is a FREE to enter event
A new spin on the traditional mural trail – the Giant Postcard program, created in Stockton, California is being implemented in East Troy, Wisconsin through a collaborative partnership with the Village of East Troy, the Chamber of Commerce, the East Troy Economic Development Alliance and the East Troy Connect Communities. This program is strategically designed to encourage people to take selfies and share them on social media. The project will eventually feature 20 giant “postcards” at sites intended to draw pedestrians through the Village while also providing education about local history and culture.
Theme and Selection:
The curators for this initiative are looking for specific art that capture the Greater East Troy area focusing on these renditions of East Troy: futuristic interpretation, historic rendering, or depiction of an attribute of the area.
- Submitted artwork must be your original creation!
- Your art should not be larger than 4′ x 8′ in size.
- You may submit up to three entries per person.
- All artwork submitted must be titled and bear the artist signature
- If your artwork is selected the artist agrees to be photographed, and agrees to allow their artwork to be on public display and displayed online.
- Submission of artwork constitutes your agreement to the Art Contest Term & Conditions. Please read these over, as they describe your rights to the submitted artwork as well as ours.
- You must agree to the Art Terms and Condidtions.
How to Enter
- You must email your entry to the address below. All entries must be submitted as digital files.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading). The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. Winners will be asked to provide specific written information about their selected piece(s). This written information, in order to be accepted, will have to be provided electronically via e-mail. Winners will also be required to submit a high-resolution TIFF or JPG file (CMYK format/300dpi) for the work(s) to be published.
Submission Deadline: February 24, 2017
Curator Selection: March 21, 2017
Exhibit Opens: Memorial Weekend.
Send submissions to the East Troy Connect Communities Postcard Committee attention Cathy Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call our office at 262-741-8527.